Municipal Ordinance No. 26 -2014 Office of the Sangguniang Bayan
Municipality of Santa Ana, Province of Cagayan
An ordinance imposing the payment of an environmental fee by tourists visiting natural places of interest within the Municipality of Santa Ana, Cagayan and proposing guidelines to protect their natural environments.
- Guidelines on the Rates of Environmental Fee of Sta. Ana, Cagayan
|Ages 10 and below||Free|
|11 to 17 years old||Php 10.00|
|Above 17 years old||Php 20.00|
|PWDs and Senior Citizens||Free|
- Guidelines in protecting the environment. All picnickers, walkers, campers and other visitors to the various natural places of interests found within the Municipality are advised to observed the following:
- Protect plants and wildlife – treat the coasts, forests, rivers, birds and other living things with care and respect. They are unique and often rare.
- Remove rubbish – Litter is unattractive, harmful to wildlife and can increase vermin and disease. Gather your trash in a container, dispose of it properly and carry out what you carry in.
- Keep bodies of water clean – when cleaning and washing, take the water and wash well away from the water source. Soaps and detergents are harmful to water-life, drain used water into the soil to allow it to be filtered.
- Take care with stoves and fires – Portable fuel stoves are less harmful to the environment and area more efficient that fires. If you do use fire. Keep it small, use only dead wood and make sure it is out by dousing it with water and checking the ashes before leaving.
- Camp carefully – when camping, leave no trace of your visit
- Respect cultural heritage – many places have a spiritual and historical significance. Treat places with consideration and respect.
- Keep to the track – by keeping to the track, you lessen the chance of damaging fragile plants.
- Consider other people – be considerate of other visitors who also have a right to enjoy the natural environment
- Addendum: For tourist safety and convenience, patronize only those trained and accredited by the Department of Tourism and endorsed by the Municipality of Sta. Ana, Province of Cagayan.#